Stock Late Model
Chassis and Tires:
Rules may be adjusted to fairness of competition
1. Body- DIRT/MSCCS Late Model body rules apply.
2. 12 inch spoiler including fins.
3. Wheelbase- 103 inch minimum measured from center of hub to center of hub.
4. Engine set back- Six (6) inches from center of ball joint to most forward spark plug for all cars.
5. Any transmission must have forward and reverse working gears.
6. No traction control devices allowed.
7. MSD systems ok. No magneto distributors
8. Mechanical fuel pump in stock location. No electric pumps.
9. Any rearend.
10.Prefer non-adjustable oil Afco's or Nesmith approved Bilstein Shocks. Shock buyout rule $175 each.
11. Car must weigh 2250 lbs. at any time.
12. No mirrors or radios allowed.
Wheels and Tires:
1. 14 inch maximum aluminum wheels.
2. Front tires open. 3. Rear tires must punch 40 or harder. Example: Hoosier D21 and American Racer 44 or harder.
engine option A: Standard Stock Engine
1. Engines: Chevrolet 350, Chrysler 360, and Ford 351.
2. Must be all steel except intake. Any intake.
3. OEM block, rods, crank, and heads.
4. No stroking or destroking of engines.
5. Chevy 350+ .060 overbore - Ford 351 +.060 overbore - Chrysler 360 +.060 overbore
6. Aftermarket fuel pump in stock location.
7. Hydraulic cam and hydraulic lifters. No Rollers.
8. Camshaft: maximum valve lift .442" intake, .465" exhaust (Ref. Summit Cam #K1103)
9. OEM heads only.( No aftermarket heads. No bowtie Vortec heads.)
- Steel heads only
- Stock OEM heads (must have stock manufacture numbers)
- No porting, polishing, grinding or excessive deburring on any breathing area on heads.
- No shot peening or acid porting allowed.
- 60CC minimum (to allow room for surfacing.)
- Steel Valves-Max size 2.02 inch intake valves and 1.65 inch exhaust valves.
- Stamped steel "stock type" rocker arms(GM 1.5 ratio- Ford 1.6 ratio but must not exceed above valve lift.)
- Aftermarket replacement pushrods ok.
- Stock diameter valve springs. No behive allowed, Must not exceed 120#.
10. Flat top 4 valve relief cast or forged pistons. No lightweight pistons or racing ring pistons.
11. Pistons must not exceed top of deck.
12. Stock OEM 5.7" rods or stock replacement rods. (must look and weigh same as stock)
13. No shaft systems allowed (except Chrysler as that is oem on all Mopar small blocks up untill the 90s), rev kits, stud girdles, or valve stabilizers not allowed.
14. Stock OEM crank and stroke for engines listed above.
15. Aftermarket oil pans allowed.
16. No dry sumps allowed.
17. Balancing of motor is permitted, Excessive cutting will be considered porting/grinding. 18. Screw in Studs and Poly Locks ok. .
Engine Option B: GM Performance Sealed Crate Engine P/N 88958602:
1. Sealed Crate engines must not be altered, modified, or changed from factory specification.
1. One 2 or 4 barrel carburetor only.
2. Racing gas permitted.
3. 2 inch maximum spacer under carburetor permitted.
- Engine must be normally aspirated.
1. Cast or aluminum water pump permitted.
- No electric water pump allowed.
1. Collection type headers required.
- No tri-Y or square tube headers allowed.
1. If a car does not abide by the protest rules and refuses to break down it will be considered a major infraction. Protest is allowed on the top 3 cars only with the protestor finishing on the lead lap behind the car to be protested.
Protest/Teardown -Non Sealed motors- $350.00 with the track keeping $50 and the winner of the protest getting $300. Sealed Motors- $700 Track gets $50 and winner gets $650.
Non Sealed Motor buyout Rule- $1550.00 with the track keeping $50.00
- Car being bought has option to swap for motor plus $1000.00
- A motor can only be bought after car has 3 feature wins.
- Long block assembly as it comes from GM.
Racing Order- In an effort to promote different winners in the class, The Feature winner from one week will start on the rear of the next heat race that they attend. Tech Inspections:
1. Engines will be checked prior to racing in this class followed by random inspections. P&G Test and cam/heads will be checked.
2. Car and tires may be checked at any time.
3. Any car/engine found illegal of a minor infraction will be disqualified for that event and not allowed to race until the issue has be resolved.
4. Any engine/car found to be illegal with the clear intent to cheat the rules will not be allowed to race in the class until voted by the class to be allowed back in and all of the discrepancies have been resolved.
5. Don't read between the lines! Just because it doesn't say you can't, don't assume that you can. Any
modifications not specifically outlined in the rules must be addressed with the class prior to making
This class is governed by the drivers and car owners with assistance from the track for minor testing.